Saturday, February 20, 2016

FIVE

It is with a Mama's heavy heart that I write this post, but of course it is full of love and anticipation of the years to come. The baby of our house has turned f-i-v-e. Oh, and boy did he. He was SO excited and proud. He literally yelled all day 'I'M FIVE!!!'. It was adorable and sad all at the same time! He's so grown up this 5 year old man. The day before his birthday, he went into his closet and picked out his own outfit for the day: jeans, white t-shirt and a black corduroy blazer. Um, ok- are you going to day care or to a job interview?! His birthday was very low key and laid back which was a nice change for the Burke family! I was able to go have lunch with Mikey at school and I brought him some fun balloons and cupcakes. Later that night, Mikey chose all of his favorite foods for dinner: tiny hot dogs (pigs in a blanket,) tuna fish, cheezits (the white ones- not yellow please), cheesy poofs, chips/ salsa/ sour cream, pickles and of course finished off with cake and ice cream! Papa Joe came over to help celebrate and brought gifts from the Marinelli's. Mimi and Papi sent an amazing gift (Playstation 4- holy cow) that the kids played for the rest of the night. It was so much fun to celebrate with our big, big boy!!!
Mikey's cupcakes for school



Mikey's dinner of 'favorite things'!

Kaitlyn got Mikey an orange scooter!





I love that Mikey's teacher had all of his class 'sign' the balloon that I brought! Awesome!!


Nana pat and papa Joe brought balloons too.... But I see theirs had a little something 'extra' for Mikey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment