Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Adventure Day!

We are so lucky to live right at the SC/NC border because we get to take full advantage of what both states have to offer.  Once a year, the kids and I visit each state's welcome center and I let them choose brochures for whatever places and/or activities look fun and exciting. Then we store them all and if we're bored one day- we can select a new fun place to explore! After our visit to the Welcome Centers today, we decided on an adventure picked by Mikey: waterfalls. We had such a great time driving through the upstate of SC. We saw so many peach orchards and watched the workers harvesting the delicious fruit. We even stopped at a farmer's stand and got fresh peach slushies-- YUM! We arrived at our destination and hiked all the way to the top of Wild Cat Branch Falls and played in the streams and waterfalls. We even saw a huge, black rat snake cross our path- ugh! On our way home, we stopped at a grove of gorgeous sunflowers!!! I love being able to take these day adventures with my kiddos.




















No comments:

Post a Comment